- Anthropological studies of farmer
decision-making, local knowledge, beliefs and conceptualization
for coffee and many other cropsDevelopment of computer-based decision
and training tools for use in policy and extension development
for crop protection
- 1996 - present: post doctoral research
associate working with ODA, CABI, DFID, NRI, BCCCA, CATIE, ICO,
CFC, Reading University and others.
- B.Sc. Biology, (1991) Imperial College,
University of London
- Ph.D. Decision making in pest management,
- British citizen, resident in UK
- Address: Imperial College, Silwood
Park, Buckhurst Road, Ascot, Berks, SL5 7PY, UK
- A population and management model
of the coffee berry borer, Hypothenemus hampei, to evaluate
the returns of different integrated management strategies in Colombian
coffee. Leach, A.W., Stonehouse, J.M., and Baker, P.S. (1999).
Aspects of Applied Biology 53 Challenges in Applied Population
Biology (Wellesbourne, UK: Associaton of Applied Biologists):
- Development of extension messages
for cocoa pod borer management through demonstration plots in
Sulawesi, Indonesia. Mumford, J.D. , Matlik, B.K., Birlian, H.,
& Leach, A.W. 13th International Cocoa Research Conference
- A simulation model of the cocoa
pod borer and its management: an extension and policy tool. Leach,
A.W., Mumford, J.D. (2000) 13th International Cocoa Research Conference.
- Modeling Moniliophthora in Central
America. Leach A.W. & Mumford J.D. (2000) Report to CABI and
- Collection of Economic and Management
Data for Modeling the Coffee Berry Borer in India. Consultancy
on behalf of ICO\CFC Coffee Berry Borer Project. Leach A.W. Report
to Coffee Board of India and CABI Bioscience. January 1999.